Saturday, September 3, 2011

ASU Food Adventure: Chuckbox

So today I went to Chuckbox, getting "The Big One" and "Chuckbox Potatoes" for $6.50. Can't say I'm impressed. The hamburger was a decent size, though I wouldn't call it "The Big One." It was cooked right over burning charcoal which was nice. The meat may have been seasoned with a little salt or something, but otherwise tasted like plain beef. The toppings were at a topping bar that you can arrange yourself which was nice, but they were simple toppings you'd find anywhere.

Overall it was good, but nothing special. It was basically the burger I'd eat if I had made my own burger, which would have been cheaper. And if I had made my own fries as well they would have been better, since I put Lawry's seasoning salt on mine. Honestly, how come I've never seen a burger joint that uses seasoning salt on their fries? It's way better than plain old salt, I mean...wait, I'm getting sidetracked here. Moving on!

The aesthetic was nice though. The place looks like something you'd find in an old Western. The door handle was a loose bar of wood, the grill was hung over a charcoal pit like at parks, and even the chairs were just wooden crates. The guy doing the burger flipping has skill too. He can flip a hamburger bun sitting face-down on the grill right onto your plate face-up!

Was it good? Yes.
Will I go there again? For that price, definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment