Saturday, March 17, 2012

Song of the Day: Tuck 'n Roll

OverClocked Remix recently came out with a new album, Maverick Rising. It has a lot of remixes from all of the Mega Man X games, and it's got quite a few good ones. This is called song of the day, however, so I'll focus on one: Tuck 'n Roll.

Apparently its genre is something called ska, but I don't really understand genres anyways. This wasn't something that appealed to me at first. The instruments sound kind of messy to me. I really like Armored Armadillo's music though, so I listened to it a few times. After a few listens it grew on me, and is now probably my favorite of Maverick Rising. What I really like is that it has lyrics, which is rare for video game remixes. The lyrics don't make much sense though, but then again what song does?
Still, it's done really well and it's a fun listen.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Mega Man X Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment