Thursday, March 27, 2014

Denver Food Adventure: Gunther Toody's

 I love clouds at sunset


A few weeks ago I went to Gunther Toody's, a 50's themed diner. Maybe it's because I was born in the 80's, but there's not much about the 50's or 60's that interests me.

Being the single guy that I am, I sat at the counter on the bar stool, which was not actually that comfy and rather loose. It took several minutes until I actually got a menu, and then probably something like 15 minutes until someone came by for me to order, another 10-15 minutes until I got my food, and another 10-15 minutes or so until someone would take my money. Perhaps in their defense they were quite busy by the time I left, but still, the service wasn't that great. I suspect I could have walked out of that diner without paying and no one would have noticed.

Who would've known that pineapple is really good in a burger?


That aside, I got the "Hang Ten" Burger (the Teriyaki burger) and fries, and at the first bite I was like "Oh wow, this is pretty good!" It also came with grilled onions on the side, and I love grilled onions. The fries were okay as well, but more importantly they actually offer seasoning salt! At last, someone who knows what belongs on fries!

The price to amount of food ratio was disappointing though. It wasn't that big of a burger but still cost about $10.

In the end, the burger was pretty good, but the price wasn't great, and more importantly the service was very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment