Saturday, March 29, 2014

Denver Food Adventure: Crave Real Burgers

Crave Real Burgers was recommended to me when I first moved to Denver, and tonight I finally went to it. The service was certainly a lot faster than the last place, even the time it took to make my order was faster. As I waited for my food, however, I realized that I left my wallet at home, in my other pants. Fortunately I had some cash in the car. Unfortunately that means I was driving without a license. Fortunately I've never been pulled over, but...you know what, let's get back to the food.



Have I mentioned I love barbecue?


I got the Krusty burger, which is a "peppercorn crusted, bbq sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese and onion strings" burger. When I ordered the burger, the waitress asked me if I wanted "pink or no pink inside the burger." People usually ask along the lines of "rare, medium, or well done," but whatever. I said "no pink inside" but there was still pink inside. Either they got the order wrong or they have a strange definition of pink. I ate it anyways, so if there's no more posts a year later, then I probably died of some horrible cow disease.

Anyways! The barbecue saw was great; nice and sweet. The peppercorn was nicely balanced, enough to make its presence known but not overpowering. Bacon was thick and crispy, and onion straws were great. The patty itself was interesting, as it was very loose; it easily broke apart as I tried eating it. Can't say this is good or bad, just different. The thing was rather messy to eat, and I ended up doing so with a knife and fork. I've never eaten a burger with a fork before.
The fries were nice and crispy, but nothing exceptional to mention, except they do have "loaded fries" which sound good.

The burger was the usual $10 restaurant price, but I'd say it was worth it for how good it was. There were lots of other burgers, but several of them are made with alcohol, so this seemed like the only choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment